Tuesday, October 23, 2012

DESIGNING SOME ARISTOCRATS!!


character design

On a roll!!! :)


Even earlier in my career (back in the dinosaur age of 1997), I worked on PRINCESS SISSY, a very toy-derived series based on the real-life 19th century Empress Elisabeth of Austria. I think they wanted the toy line to catch on with its Barbie meets the Disney princesses. It got a bit silly as we would need to show Sissy wearing specific outfits within each episode...
Nevertheless, my early duties had me designing again some crowd characters (here are two austrian aristocrats!) before I soon moved on to supervising an army of designers... Fun memories!

For those who might be interested, here is the opening to the PRINCESS SISSY series...:
copyright 1997 Animation Ciné-Groupe

No comments:

Post a Comment