Thursday, October 25, 2012

FAVORITE PROJECT TO DATE!!


animation clean-up

Easily the most prestigious project I've ever worked on: LA VIEILLE DAME & LES PIGEONS (the old lady and the pigeons) was a labour of love for myself and many other friends and co-workers who chanced to work on it back in 1996. It was Sylvain Chomet's first directing feature (short form), and he went on afterward to direct some better-known animated features (THE TRIPLETS OF BELLEVILLE & THE ILLUSIONIST). I was still pretty new back then, but this film helped to push myself creatively and I have never regretted working on it.

It was nominated for the Oscar for Best animated short film in 1998, losing to PIXAR's GERI's GAME...disappointing, but still a career highlight...I am including part 1 of 3 of the film above... you should really watch all three parts, you will thank me :)

copyright 1998 PASCAL BLAIS animation / les Armateurs

No comments:

Post a Comment